Colleague-Using PERC to Add Student Restrictions

Tags faculty staff
• Staff member must have Colleague Mnemonic PERC available through the ST – Student System.
• Staff member’s Staff and Volunteer (SVM) record must include the appropriate office code to assign/change/delete a restriction.
  1. Navigate to Colleague.
  2. Enter Portal username and password and click Sign In.
  3. At the top of the screen, choose Navigation > Application > ST.
  4. At the upper-left corner of the screen, in the Form Search field, type PERC and then click Search.
  5. Search for a record in Person LookUp by:
    • ​Colleague ID – Type the person's ID number (leading zeroes are optional).
    • Name – Type the person's name. To limit a name search, type the name in any of the following ways (LookUp is not case sensitive): Last Name (Pioneer); Last Name, First Name (Pioneer, Jill); Last Name, First Name, Middle Name (Pioneer, Jill Isa); First Name, Last Name (Jill Pioneer).
  6. Click OK.
  7. Check the box(es) next to the student name(s) and then click Open.
  8. Enter the restriction information.
    • Restrictions – Type the restriction. If unsure of which restriction to assign, type the ellipses […] to do a Restriction LookUp. Access to restrictions are only available by office code(s).
    • Severity – Type the severity. If left blank, the severity level will default to the severity listed on the restriction.
    • Start Dt – Click the icon to enter the date the restriction will start.
    • Comments – Type any comments. This field is optional and can be left blank.
  9. At the top of the screen, click Save All.

For additional support, contact the Technology Service Desk at,, or submit a request through the Technology Service Catalog.

Print Article


Article ID: 26827
Thu 3/9/17 6:18 PM
Mon 8/15/22 11:41 AM

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Colleague is the software package that houses the University’s information in areas that include processing of student applications and registration, scheduling of classes, assisting in financial aid processing, processing of payment of tuition and fees, reporting grades and transcripts, and more.